1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pugsly, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

I thought this year that i would have some help and started biding on afew jobs in another town. (my buddies area, so he wiould take care of those for me) well he bailed on me and left me with about a half dozen jobs in an area that is way to far out of my way to do without putting piaa's on the front of my exmark and mow at 3 am!!!:mad: :mad:

I tried it once to do it all, but i am so backed up i had to beg my brother who is on vacation to help me just to catch up.

Seeing is there are no contracts ....what is the best way to let customers know you can't accomidate them anymore, and they should find someone else to do it?:confused:
  2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Just explain it to them. It might help if you have another person already lined up for them. Just a thought
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would be totally honest with them and let them know the sooner the better. There is no way around this unless you can fins someone else to help you out. This is going to tarnish your reputation. This will be quite difficult to recover from.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

how far are we talking here from where you are at now
  5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Six accounts is a good number in one area, how far from you like 40-50 miles?
  6. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

ahhh..sarcasim nice:eek:

read the entire thread.....i don't have the time to do them. and they are about 20-22 miles from any of my other accounts in chicago suburban traffic. 45 min -1 hour each way.

show me when i can just add 2 hours to a day just to drive than fiqure how we can add an eighth day to the week and i'll take your advise.

I refer you to them and with your expertise you can drive down from MN and you can do them.. Like you said 6 in 1 area is good what that like 40-50 miles from you?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

What town are these 6 accounts in????
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Offer your extra customers to the guys on this forum. Maybe some one can save your butt.

9. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

10. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Okie dokie, would have worked something out with you, but I am down in the Kankakee/Joliet area...