1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting shocks off Redmax EB7000 throttle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Getting the odd shock off the throttle of my backpack blower, I think theyre getting more frequent. Anyone have this problem bf?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you look back about 3 pages you'll see that this very thing has been discussed in about 4 other threads in the past few days alone.
  3. stripem67

stripem67 LawnSite Member

i just purchased the eb8000 and am getting shocked also. I was told by the dealer who was told by Redmax that there is nothing you can do, except buy some "grounding chain" and drag that around all day. They told me it tends to happen in dustier conditions which does seem to be true for me. Sounds like a bogus reply from Redmax.
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

What the heck. That doesnt seem right. If your blower is shocking you, there has to be a pinched wire or a short somewhere. That would look rediculous carrying a chain around that drags on the ground. I think its time to find a new dealer or demand they do something.