1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting some press, what to say?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Prolawnservice, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Had a reporter from the local paper call today to set up an interview. This will be my first feature article, they want to feature a local organic landscape company for earthday. What should I say, or try to include in the interview?
  2. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

I had a similar situation and I think it would have helped my company alot more if in the picture you could have seen my logo, try and get a picture by your truck (if you have signs) or of you in uniform. Congrats on the article!
  3. Prolawnservice

Thanks Matt, Great Idea!
  4. Prolawnservice

anyone else? interview is first thing tomorrow!
  5. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I think talking about your company is the best way to go. Keep mentioning your company name and reiterate the services you offer. Good Luck.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I think you should make sure they tell the public who you are. And standing by your truck isn't a bad idea unless they just do a head shot of you. I was interviewed a couple of years ago for plowing and all they got was my very pretty face....:laugh: yeah right.lol But I had a sweatshirt on and you could just see our logo. It didnt help my business out one freakin' bit, I just tried to drive up the price for plowing when the reporter asked whats an average price fo rplowing a residential driveway, that didnt even work,lol good luck.:waving:
  7. palmtreepro

palmtreepro LawnSite Member

Be sure to cite specific solutions that you provide to Customers, and perhaps what differentiates you.