Getting started

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by georgel, Jul 3, 2001.

1. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

I have doing some research on getting started in landscape construction and I am looking for some "This is where I started..." I actually have a list of questions that I want to ask(ie. rent -vs- lease -vs- buy) but, I will start with whatever advice you have for someone who wants to get started. There is one question I must ask - How do you know if the area will support another landscape company? It seems that in my area, there are quite a few.

Thanks, this is a great forum!

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Welcome aboard, using the search feature here you should be able to find most anything :)
    Now for your first question, If your work is good and you can get a foot in the door then go for it.

3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Welcome aboard George -

Landscaping has been and continues to be a burgeoning industry that sees new companies popping up every day.

Many of those new company owners have also asked the same questions you have, and are also members of this forum. If you run searches here on the topics you're interested in, you'll find a wealth of information that came of those questions.

Good luck!!