Getting Started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtrice11, Nov 22, 2004.

1. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

My brother and I are considering getting into lawncare/snow removal. We have a couple leads on large commercial accounts. We have minimal experience. My main concern is getting enough work--does anyone have any thoughts on this? We'd start with 2 trucks, plows, 2 zero turns, walk behinds, blowers etc...
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a lot of equipment. I would start small if don't think that you will have enough accounts. Maybe 1 truck and 1 zero turn etc
  3. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

usally commercial places ask for referrals and are interested in how long you have been involved. etc.........i started with res. people then the people will come to you. once your out in the field you will meet alot of people and connections. i would be careful not to dig yourself in a hole with to much to swallow
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think your best bet would be to start relitivly small (ie: 1 truck & trailer, 1 ZTR,and 1 walk behind). Then expand as needed when you get more clients. Nothing worse then thousands of dollars in equiptment sitting around not being used.