1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

getting stuck on the other side of town w/rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Aug 28, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing today about 25mins from my yard and it starts to rain, so i finish up and made a 10 min lawn turn into 40 mins, i was thinking its gotta be better to just say **** this and go home and start when its dry. The prob is you gotta pay the guys to drive back to that side of town just for the remained or work which was only like 3 lawns ,, ALL RESIDENTIALS.

WhaT would you guys do?
    I think its a little nuts to cut it in the rain because of quality and time? idk

edited - please watch you language. jodi

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

one lawn took 30 mins longer than normal time 3 more lawns is 2 hrs extra vs 50 minutes for the drive back today and out again tommarrow if it wont put you to far behind i would call it a day. especially if its been as dry there as its been here.
  3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell, just nice to see some rain!
  4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep worked in light rain most of the am then about noon started to rain harder well we started 4 lawns behind today. Oh well we did need the rain and delays are pat of this biz. be flexible I guess and smile.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would mow in light rain but if it were to get too steady, I would just call it a day. JMO
  6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Last night i went to bed and they said it was supose to rain heavy in the AM and let up in the PM so i slept in got up at 9 and it didnt even start yet. So I went out and was about to cut and what do you know it starts to rain. 3 of the last 5 days have been wash outs.