Getting stuff around to start next season, what else do I need?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MLCservices, Oct 29, 2006.

1. MLCservices

MLCservices LawnSite Member

Ok, been out of it for about 10 years and decided i'd like to start mowing again on the side. I've purchased a 2004 John Deere 757 60" zero turn for $4500, a 16 foot open landscaping trailer, and a 8001 redmax backpack, string trimmer, and some misc stuff like rakes and shovels. I'd also like a 34-36" zero or walk behind for houses with fenced in back yards. What else do I need? Also, legally (like licensing, insurance, ect.), what do I need and where do I get it? Also, just doing this part time, but if it grows like it did before I could do it more as full time.

2. MLCservices

Anyone???:sleeping:

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Things haven't changed much in ten years, Get what you had than,
    Any business is 75% or so business, and 25% product, do not worry about what is on the trailer, worry about what is going on, on your desk. Talk to an insurance agent, call city hall and talk about what you need to be legal.
    Figure an ad plan, complete a business plan, develope a book keeping system, talk to your accountant about tax planning,
    and if you are saying this is part time, that must mean you already have a job, and plan to do this at night and on weekends, so you better talk to the wife about giving you up for grass:laugh:

4. MLCservices

Yeah, she didn't seem to have a problem giving me up???:confused: It will be at night after work for now. Hopefully it will become full time later. Thanks for the reply!