Getting the customers attention!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by venecular, Mar 18, 2004.

1. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Being that there are some highly experienced businesses on here what are some things that you guys do to get the customers attention in advertisement and keeping a job once you have it?

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

DO GOOD WORK!

People notice the best looking lawn on the block in a second. Make the lawns you work on THAT LAWN! Then people will start to ask, who's lawn is that, who works on it? Then you advertise your name, and get it out there. People should see your name everywhere, until it is common to associate the nice lawns with your business.

3. venecular

from Atlanta

Do you twins go from door to door and hand out flyers or what is the best way for you to advertise?

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

word of mouth is still the best way to advertise. Tell your current customers to pass the word along. Offer them discounts for the more customers that they bring in

5. venecular

from Atlanta

I find that if you do a yard at the beginning of a neighborhood and put out a sign, that is a good way of advertising in that direct area.

6. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

hi venecular,

I have been using door hangers in the specific areas in which I want to work. Then as I get one or two customers from that, I try to network the area a little more, to keep drive time down.
    This year, I added putting business cards all over town at local small businesses. They seem to not miind, because they also are small business owners. Another thing I am doing is teaming up with a local pizza guy, and he has 5000 door hangers going out, and I piggy backed some flyers and coupons along with his ads, and we are hitting a general area that way. Only paying about $0.02 per flyer, so that's much cheaper than I can do myself.

Also, the lawn signs are a great idea. I have not tried them yet, but am going to look into offering like a free mowing to put them in the customers yard, or simply ask them if they'd mind. i think that is a good way to get people's attention.

7. venecular

from Atlanta

Hey Twins,

Where do you get your door hangers? I think that would be a more professional and easier method rather that flyers. Thanks in advance.

8. venecular

from Atlanta

Does anyone know where I can get some door hanger advertisments?

9. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

10. venecular

from Atlanta

Thanks noiseyvoyzey!