1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting the Dingo on Monday

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Georgiehopper, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

Well we are supposed to get a Dingo on Monday..now the problem is how to transport the thing. I am looking for some ramps and I've looked online...but most are too short. Our truck has a pretty high drop so I'd like to get ramps that are about 8 feet long.

Any recommendations guys? Don't say trailer it...I don't have the bux for that yet.
  2. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

Double up 2x8's 10 or 12 foot long with ramp ends that should get you out there for laoding.
  3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Is it a dump bed?? If so, tilt the bed alittle to decrease the angle of incline and bring the rear closer to the ground.
  4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Can't your guys just pick it up and put on the trailer. Ha Ha

Buy two sets of the 8 foot ramps and piggyback them. Place the first set on the edge of trailer, truck or what ever you are using for transport, then add the second set in the center or 2/3 of the way down the first set of ramps. You can buy 2 sets of the 8's for what 1 set of 12's will cost.

Rex Mann
  5. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

You can afford a dingo but not a trailer .......
  6. Dan's lawn care

Dan's lawn care LawnSite Member

7. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

The trailer is $4500. The Dingo is 13,900 plus attachements which brings the whole thing to $21,000. I'm not paying cash for this thing..its being financed and I didnt want another $4500 to worry about.
  8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO that sounds dangerous. I know we have had walk-behind mowers fall off the ramps while loading on to a truck and it wasn't pretty. That machine is also much heavier than a mower.
  9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

why do you need to have the"dingo trailer"?I think your better off spending that money on a used skid steer or a front end loader with a bucket in the back.... you can usually get them cheap at equipment auctions or farm auctions.....as for a $4500 trailer i can get u a real nice enclosed 7x14 trailer with two 3500 axles for that much money. The dingo is a nice machine......but its limited in what it can do.....the only real thing limiting a skid steer and i mean a smaller one(no more the 20 - 30 hp) is obstacles... id check out equipment trader.com or something before i spent 13,000 on a piece of eqipment that is goin to depriciate over time anyways. but if your really looking for a trailer go get yurself a used eqipment trailer. Prolly get one for about $1500 and then you can haul anything to and from a job.....man i cant beileve you paid 13000 on a dingo i think its hardly worth its price...maybe if they sold it at like 6 or 7 and a grand for each attachment then I'd say its worth it....but other then that id say think bigger then the dingo

Perfect Property Services Inc.
  10. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would rent or borrow a trailer. No way would I drive a $14,000 machine up wooden ramps into the back of a truck.