Getting the shaft

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by EagleLandscape, Aug 26, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Man, I know its possible to get 120 yards a week if I put enough effort into it. ALl my friends and even their parents that do small business stuff are doubting it. I personally know ppl in that area my age that have done it. Does anyone else get all this crap-doubting fomr other people? And what did you do about it? I'm putting together this business plan, but theres no way a bank will believe my numbers...

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it is not about how many yards u mow
    it is about how much money u make and then keep after expenses good luckpayup

3. EagleLandscape

My gross number is a very high 6 digit number for 160 yards a week at 25 a pop, plus a little bit of hedge trimming and a tree trimming. I'll make alot of money, but I don't think anyone thats not in the business will understand how much money is to be made.

4. EagleLandscape

yeah, houston's lawn prices are dirt cheap, not like dallas prices, all the companies here price gouge, but im still less than all the ones here.

5. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

if you really want to impress your bank, lower you numbers and then do the 120 lawns a week. You will be better off in the long run.

6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is possible to that many, but to find that much work your first year may be kinda tough. (Not sure if you just starting or not) When I started which was not long ago I managed to land 35 jobs per week regulars, and then a few extra 1 or 2 time lawns a week. I didnt undercut though $35.00 min. Dont cut yourself short to get more work cause you can make just as much doing less work at a higher cost. I found that people will still hire you even if you cost more, just have to sell yourself.