Getting the year started

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by prodesignfx, Mar 3, 2006.

1. prodesignfx

prodesignfx LawnSite Member

Guys, i need help. this is my second year in the business and i got a late start last year. we did great last year considering we didn't start till june. i would like to get this year started off right though. i'm looking for flyer ideas that you all have used that has generated a response for season start up. i'm running a yellow book ad this year also so we'll see how that works.

2. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Try this on for size. I used it my first year and I was totally OVERWHELMED.

Attached Files:

3. rogers lawn care

rogers lawn care LawnSite Member

hey b&d im also spartanburg

4. B&D Lawn Care

Hey I'm Duncan, what about you? How long you been in this?

5. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

Hey there B&D,

I am new here and I seen you sent a flyer. I tried to look at it but all I see is Blocks and such. Would you please copy it and paste it to an e-mail and send it to me @ Bluerangersedge@msn.com Thanks in advance

6. B&D Lawn Care

You should have mail

7. CSALawnServiceInc

CSALawnServiceInc LawnSite Member

B&D, This seems like a great idea but just a few questions:
    How did you go about receiving payment when using this flyer? ex. check left on the door for each cut, credit card number on file to be debited after each cut? Also how did you schedule the cuts? Did you put the client on your regular schedule for 6 weeks or just when they call for a cut? Also how many clients then signed up for monthly service after the six cuts were done?

Thanks,
    Craig
    CSA Lawn Service Inc.

8. rogers lawn care

rogers lawn care LawnSite Member

sorry it took so long b&d im in lyman,and this is my second year.

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

go to gophers site they are a sponsor here they have alot of good templates for flyers...

10. B&D Lawn Care

1-Payment was received upon completon. If they weren't gonna be there then I would get them to leave a check in a secure spot. Never did a credit card.
    2-I scheduled them according to their area. Some requested Fridays so I just did what I could. They usually would give me a day to cut and that would be it.
    3-I kept almost all of them after this "trial" period was up. Some thought it was for every 6th cut but you gotta be stern and le tthem know it's a one time offer.

It's a pretty good marketing ploy and should work w /some effort on your patr.