gett'n paid?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by loom-gen, Oct 23, 2007.

1. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

I have always wondered how all you other lawn folk get that money from your clients. I bill some every mow and some by the month, and some bigger accounts annually. There seems to be a few that wait for a ridiculously long time but will eventually pay. What are some of your methods of retrieval?

2. agm

agm LawnSite Member
    from NM

I bill once a month unless it's additional work that is done then it's billed that evening.

3. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i do monthly. sometimes it takes a couple of phone calls to finally get it but most of my customers are great and pay right away

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Regular customers - all work goes on their monthly bill. The applications are billed separately, as all SOS have the price on them. For non-regular customers,...like for additional cleanups and such, they get billed upon completion of work. I like to call it "cash and carry". They pay me the cash, and I carry the stuff away. payup :weightlifter: :walking:

5. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Bill monthly, I have a couple commercial accounts that pay by the quarter.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's what I do.

7. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

so what are you trying to say? Should I bill monthly or would it be better to bill monthly? I personaly would say monthly but it seems like doing it monthly works better for most of you so I will try just billing monthly, thanks.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Theres one guy that I bill monthly and he is always a day or 2 late on his payment, but he always pays. I just let him go because he is a good client.

9. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

WHAT:confused:

10. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

^ lol thats what i said....i guess he is going to either bill monthly or bill monthly?

edit:
    no wait...i got it now...he is going to bill monthly