1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getto Homes

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JRSlawn, Feb 27, 2005.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bid packett I am working on and it is for the undc. They tear down old homes in the getto and put up new ones so they can look like **** in a year :) . Anyways they want me to price acordingly

5200sqft of grading and prep work (rake, harley rake, rock hound etc)
    They are going to be handling the final grade so shouldnt be much to grade
    4800 sq of seed and straw.

What is the cheapest I can do this for and still make money? payup Sorry guys I did this last year but dont know if I should give them a disc for the work we will do between 10-20 of these this year. :help: :help: :help:
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

none of us will know the answer.

EVERY company has different operating costs.

This is where knowing your numbers is a necessity. Asking people from all over the country with totally different operating costs, and even methods, is not the best way.

I am a firm believer in the " give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day. Teach him to fish, and you'll feed him for life"

to answer this question. you will need to figure out YOUR cost in the job, then add your required profit margin.
  3. JRSlawn

:dizzy: Thanks Yard Pro. I am kinda new to this just trying to see if anyone could help me out with my numbers. I want to retain the work and make a profit. I have done these before and made a ton of profit now they have decied to bid it out when someone they built a house for asked if he could bid it. So I guess I am going to have to sit down and work up some number
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Start around 10 cents a sq. ft. with your numbers. Just a starting point but should be a good one to work off of.

5. JRSlawn

Is that for everything? Grading rockhound? seed and straw?