1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lizard Lawn Care, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Lizard Lawn Care

Lizard Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Am I the only one here that questions every day if I am in the right business?????:confused:

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

No, I have been doing that for many years myself. Now we are in drought too:rolleyes:

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I do it atleast twice a week...I have come to no definite conclusion. It's a yes and No answer. For now I can only make the best of it b/c every aspect of my life is based around my business...In the next few years I will be working my way away from a sole dependancy upon the lawn business.

4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know how old you guys all are, but what else could you do well in or make a living for that matter as easily as you can in this business?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

something's wrong IMO if you don't.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyday for 25 years , but when I think about working for somebody else, like my brothers did on the line at GM for 30 years, those thoughts soon disappear lol.Landcsaping has been, and is a rewarding career move,I have no regrets, having made the decision to pursue.

7. robby

robby LawnSite Member

I'm with Howie on this one. Most every day i'm out working, it crosses my mind what a great gig this is. To be working for myself, doing work that's so easy, requires no college degree, and yet pays $50+ hourly. Almost seems too good to be true. Oh yea, the best part, 3 month-long vacations over the winter!:clapping:

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Winter? Ya that is the great American Vacation time of the year:dizzy:
    Hourly gross profit is not all that important. Annual Net profit is the most important part of a business

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Three month vacations?
    When do these occur?:(

10. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

it crosses my mind when i get a real pita for a customer and then i think of all the good parts of working for myself $$$$$$$