Giant Vac Lead Loader Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Trhfire19, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Trhfire19

Trhfire19 LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Giant Vac tailgate mount leaf loader and my issue is putting it on and taking it off. It is pain in the butt everytime I want to empty the dump. Is this loader able to be converted to a swing away? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Anything is possible. Most guys have it set up on a receiver hitch welded under the dump body on a swing mount.

3. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

The trailer hitch mount comes in two sizes from GV. One has a slightly longer arm to fit larger trucks. We have that one on our 16 HP vac. It works fine, but you have to be careful when the dump body is going up that you don't crunch it. Also that it doesn't swing so far forward that the side of the body comes down on it when the body comes down. They are kinda pricey new, but if you shop around, you might find a used one on an old dead machine or from a guy who moved his vac to a trailer, etc.

4. Trhfire19

Trhfire19 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the info.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Your better off wending a receiver to the bed, this way you don't have to worry about any of the prolems stated above, and you can also pull a trailer with the same truck (with an extended tongue).