Giant Vac Leaf Loader

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MOOSE, Oct 12, 2005.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, giant vac leaf loader, pull behind. It has a Kohler K532 I believe. I think its on its way out.

Has anyone ever replaced a motor on one of these. And how about going with a new Kohler for it. Or can or should I rebuild the old Kohler.

Thanks Guys

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Moose

Did you get the Fan off yet?

John

3. MOOSE

Yes, that was on my little wonder push blower. We used a torch on it. 3 hours to get it off.

Thanks goes out to everyone that replied and Many thanks to my cousin RKISTNER1..

Hey John, any ideas on this giant vac.

4. John Gamba

from ct

Great news!!

If you get it off the Giant vac i would go with a new engine, Only if your housing is still in good shape. If you go short block you can be chasing carb and other problems down the road.You put new on , gas her up and suck leaves lolol

John

5. MOOSE

That's what I thought. New is diffently better. Now I need to find out the Kohler spec# for the right engine for it. And were off to the leaf pile. Thanks

6. John Gamba

from ct

Hows the housing?? is it worn. Now would be the time to get it thickened upped at the welding shop.

John

PS make shure you save the carb,coils and other fun stuff off the old one.

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The 532 is a 20hp, All you need to do is measure the diameter, Lenth and keyway size of your old engine. You can look here for a replacement, http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Kohler They have quite a few CH20's listed but pay attention to whether they have the control panel with switch.

Take care