Giant-Vac Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spalmer97, Mar 22, 2003.

1. spalmer97

spalmer97 LawnSite Member

Anyone know about or have a Giant-Vac commercial walk behind. I am considering buyng one and wanted to hear opinions about them. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks...JP

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Never owned one, but you get what you pay for.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

size deck, engine, drive type, year, hours and price please?

4. spalmer97

It is between Giant-vac and Toro...I considered the scag but I will only be cutting my own personal acre and it seemed a bit much. Have you heard bad things about Giant-Vac?

5. spalmer97

12.5 KAW, 36 in, Belt, $2100... The Toro is a 15 hp Kohler, 36 in, Belt, $2300

6. spalmer97

These are Brand new machines...Trading in my John Deere LT133 because I am having a tough time navigating my new landscaping. K-turns are killing me and I thought a walk behind would give me a better cut and also reduce my time.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

For the money go with the Toro for sure... get the T bar controls. If you were using it commercially I might say lean alittle toward a Kawasaki engine but Kohlers are awesome too and since it's just for your lawn it will last forever and then some. Get a sulky with it also!

8. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Question please... Where are you getting a new Toro 36" with 15hp Kohler for $2,300 ???

Thanks, Clay

9. spalmer97

Ganos...Colchester, CT

10. spalmer97

If you purchase a Toro(any one) in March there is no $$$ down, No interest and No payments until Jan 2004.