Giant Vac part help

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ron mexico75, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Giant Vac push blower. The spring that controls the air discharge chute snapped yesterday. The dealer that I bought it from 10 years ago is no longer in business.

It's a real S.O.B. trying to find anyone to get parts from for this unit. Anyone have a Giant Vac and know of a on line place that sells parts?

2. ron mexico75

Well after calling 7 different numbers in 2 states I tracked down someone who found the part. Its a freaking spring that controls the air discharge chute and it took me 2 hours to find somone who could help me.

NOTE TO SELF................. sell Giant Vac blower and buy a Little Wonder.

You's think I was trying to find replacement parts for a Model T Ford!

3. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I was trying to buy a part for a Giant-Vac we had here for testing to sell it off. It took me 2 days of searching before I found it. When Insyte bought them and moved them to Tennessee http://lawrenceburgnow.com/012011insyte.html getting parts has been challenging.

Why not try a Billy Goat? The Little Wonder does out perform the Giant-Vac. Unless you like the weight and noise the Giant-Vac gives you at least demo a BIlly Goat. You'll find it more powerful, easier to start, lighter and quieter than the other brands.

4. ron mexico75

Never even knew Billy Goat made push blowers. I know of them for the leaf vacs. I know from being on this site that the Little Wonder seems to be the gold standard for push blowers. The Giant Vac has never let me down. However, after needing a simple part, one spring, I hope to never have to go through that again.