Gibbons Property Enhancements

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jgibbons, Nov 10, 2010.

1. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

The 7.3's come de-tunned from the factory. The stock motor and bottom end can handle 500hp safley. Also it changes your shift points keeping your boost up when towing. I have noticed 2 mpg towing and 3-5 mpg's empty. But if you go around dogging it and wanting to race everyone then yes it will but a lot more whear and tear on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't go wrong with a DP in a 7.3
  3. jgibbons

jgibbons LawnSite Member

7.3's are the best. Haven't had one problem.
  4. cubedmack

cubedmack LawnSite Member

Any updates?
  5. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

Wanna sell me that ext cab long box? :laugh: Normally I HATE ext cab long boxes (either go short box or crew long) but you make it look good. What engine is in the flatbed? And one thing I'd say you should do is paint your leafbox on the dump trailer black as well as the sides on the Se.Tre (redneck for 7.3 :laugh:)
  6. jgibbons

jgibbons LawnSite Member

The flatbed has a 5.4 gasser. We were going to repaint the box black but I dont plan on keeping that much longer. We just just sold the chipper. It sat more than we used it. I figured the money could be better spent on something like a dump truck that we could use every day.
  7. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

whats new man? this nor easter that they are talking about going to hit us?
  8. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the storm for sunday? I just got in from salting, and was doing leaves this morning. Snow is comming too fast too soon.
  9. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

it was the "storm" that was suppose to hit us sunday. Now they are saying there is a chance for snow Christmas eve into Christmas day. They have no clue what they are talking about.
  10. jgibbons

jgibbons LawnSite Member

Possibly looking to put a utility body on my F250 diesel pick-up. Any opinions?