Gibbons Property Enhancements

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jgibbons, Nov 10, 2010.

1. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Why do you want a utility body? What will you be using it for?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Dude if I knew you were looking for a utility body a few days earlier I would have had one for you. I just bought a truck and got ride of the utility body. If my mechanic didnt scrap it yet I will see if I can grab it. It was in decent shape too.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Do not get a utility body!!!

I had one on my old truck, it was a Stahl service body on a GMC truck. I had to completely redo the service body after I bought the truck. It needed a new floor, floor supports, 4 floors for the side cabinets, rust holes patched up on the doors. I also sprayed the bed and step bumper fully with Line-x and painted the underside of the whole bed with a black undercoat paint. The whole body was repainted professionally too. I spent nearly $3500 getting it looking dang near new.

After about 3.5 years the box was starting to rust and could have definately used some touch up work. It didn't take long for that body to start rusting and be needing some repairs.

If you want the storage capabilities of a service body, just use a regular pick-up bed and install a full assortment of tool boxes from a company like Weather Guard.

....just my two cents.

4. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

buy a good service body and you will be fine

5. jgibbons

jgibbons LawnSite Member

I have been looking at numerour different trucks with utility bodies and the only thing that I noticed on every single truck was the rust. Every utility body had rust in it, some worse then others. Might just stick with the tool boxes in the bed.

6. jgibbons

jgibbons LawnSite Member

Here are some recent pics of the past snow storm. It is a local Bed and Breakfast. New to us Skid Steer LS170. Sold the CASE, we needed something bigger.

DSCN4175.jpg

DSCN4169.jpg

DSCN4181.jpg

DSCN4180.jpg

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you cold use a small v-box on the Ford. That would be tough to be constantly filling that little spreader.

Looks good though. Do you have a lot of commercial snow control?

8. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

New Holland Skid Steers are pretty nice. I like the controls too. Do you still have that dump insert for sale?

9. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

i like that skid thats the one i want,, how much did that set you back? what you looking to add for next season with equipment.

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great,love the New Holland its nice.