Giddy as a school girl

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by VO Landscape Design, Jul 14, 2007.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

My first delivery came today where I am putting in a small "flagstone" pad and 2 pathway's. Really cool to see them unload "my" stuff. Now I feel like I have really started in business. Sorry small things excite me!!
    VO

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

It is in no way small. I remember my first delivery it was 5 pallets of wall stone very exciting. Congrats.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Wait until you get your first roll off container drop!!! Nothing is better then the first time a redi mix truck comes to your site!!

All kidding aside, i did not feel like a real business until i got my name on the side of my truck and got my tee shirts printed. I swear for about 6 months i only wore my shirts no matter where i went!

A big deal for me was when i did my first 10,000 dollar job. I thoght it was huge. A whole 10 pallets of block.

Good luck.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Dont hear many people say that!

Congrats, keep it up and youll be doing projects five times that size.

5. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all. If you can't poke fun at yourself!! I have been told I have a dry sense of humor.
    VO

6. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

I still get giddy about the little ones because I know I'll be done in a couple hours with the best money the industry has to offer.