1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GIE Expo...Anyone bring a camera???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Oct 29, 2011.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Was real close to going this year. Glad I didn't. Will have to plow snow today most likely.

That being said...Over the years there were multiple threads of pictures and info on all the new equipment.

Haven't heard a word or say a picture of anything except that 30" push mower of Toro's.

Anything new ZTR wise from the big manufacturers???

Fire up those cameras/smart phones!!!
  2. BEN2700

BEN2700 LawnSite Member

Pretty much same stuff except the 30" Toro and they did add a few other products to their lineup this year, chipper, aerator, overseeded
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

So nothing new from JD, SCAG, eXmark, Hustler, DC, etc????
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Exmark has the 60"Vantage. Toro and Exmark are beginning to push efi engines on standers, full size walks and some riders. John Deere has the efi on the 925 a. Can't speak for the other manufacturers.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the show was great, really liked the 60in toro. really nice and very smooth.

got to drive the toro aerator too, really liked it. of course, kudos to dave for making such a nice machine.

also, loved the zplug, loved it alot. kudos to tom rich, got to meet him and had no idea who i was talking to for a minute. well made machine.

and of course, there was no spill jill!!!! you know what i am talking about if you were there!
  6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

i tried to demo the Toro aerator and had trouble turning it around. Is there some special technique? Seems the turfco is easier to operate.
  8. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Talked to the guys with walker. They have a new 52" rear discharge deck, as well as the super b.10 mph , 60 or 74 inch. Great ride as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

Poor girl, she seemed very uncomfortable.
  10. DCT

DCT LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get a 36" stander, anything new seen at the show.