GIE Expo - Lawn Solutions Dual Hydro Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kennc38, Oct 31, 2010.

1. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks AmericanLawn. You seem to be one of very few people that don't like the quality of the LS walk behind plugs. Have asked for any feedback from LS as to why this might be happening? Thanks.

2. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

The TA21 aerator is new to me and was pulling plugs that were 1-1 1/2" as well. Adjusted the stops all the way up which should have allowed the tines to go deeper but while using it, the wheel brackets rarely went up to the stops anymore .It was like it couldn't get more penetration.I tried adding more weights over the tine but didn't change core depth.I will say the depth of the holes is deeper then the cores show, but some cust. want to see plugs.
    BTW I fired up the old classen and on the same ground ripped out 3"plugs just to make sure it was the unit and not the ground.Wonder if David has any suggestions?I will investigate more in a couple of days when I get freed up.

3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know how to move a file. Go to page 3 on this form there is a video where David introduced the dual hydro.

I demoed it at GIE show nice mech. The hydro controls are a bit touchy compared to the ride on aerator. The handles are to short for me to run the sulky and i am only 5-9.David said they were going to make the handles a little longer. But after running it several times i like it better than front wheel drive ones.

Charles Cue

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

what happens if you kick up a large stick, the belt pops off under my z spray once in a while if a stick goes between the belt and pulley.

5. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

Since you never got an answer, maybe they're re-calculating? I agree, I don't see how a machine can exert more downward pressure than the weight of the machine itself, unless they're referring to a dynamic force as opposed to a static one. Also, even if the machine did weight 400 lbs, all of that force will not be on the tines alone as some of it will be distributed over the tires as well.

6. JD2320

JD2320 LawnSite Member

Eh, they are probably referring to the power or capability rating of the hydraulic cylinder itself. It was really kind of an unfair trick question anyhow. :) But simply claiming 400lbs of down force is a tad misleading.

Obviously it would matter what you are trying to aerate too. Dry clay, moist sand or 6 inches of feathers. I.E The resistance component.

7. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

I have been out traveling around the U.S. and out of the coutry following up on leads from the EXPO.

With the additional weight kit it adds another 70 lbs over the tines. The unit comes in around ~340 lbs if I remember with just 1 weight. With the weights the unit is over the 400 lbs and when you watch it run all the weight is over the tines since you can see the front tire barely touch the ground while aerating.

8. HISnHERS

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

As David points out, I have the 21' single hydro and when aerating the front end is typically off the ground so all the weight is carried by the tines.

9. kevin16856

kevin16856 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

David, what attachments are you planning for the spring on the rider? i am ready to pull the trigger on a LT Rich Z Aerator, seeder, etc

10. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

A few....will have to wait until the 1st of the year.