1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GIE+EXPO likes and dislikes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zmowingmaster, Nov 1, 2009.

1. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

To the ones who went or didn't.
    Let's post here your likes and dislikes...
    I will start
    -----------
    Didn't like:
    Why wright mfg didn't have a demo area, I really wanted to check their ZK.
    I was hoping for Better products to be there.It would have been nice to see what everyone here was talking about.
    Can they change the date of the expo.Every one is busy picking up leaves at this time of the year.

Liked:
    Even though I have and like my wright stander, Great Dane's surfer didn't feel less superior when I demoed it .The Great Dane reps were so eager to show off their product.I was impressed with Gravely too lots of mowers outside to demo.
    I will add more later.
    I would like to hear from more people

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

a few eyars ago it was in summer, you know when most of us are slow, then somehow they had too many compalints and moved it back to fall tiime. stupid, an expo for pros right in the middle of the busy season. idiots really.

3. HISnHERS

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

We were virgin attendees so we only have this year to consider:

~ the check in and get your badge process was fast and efficient
    ~ The booth reps were pretty respectful and not to pushy
    ~ The fact that you can do the touchy feely thing and look everything up, down, inside, and out if you want.
    ~ The rare opportunity to actually meet and talk with the designers, engineers, and sometimes the company owners of the equipment.

Disappointments:
    ~ Couldn't check out equipment that wasn't there. (BOP ???)
    ~ Thought there would be more Hardscape related products, suppliers, and information. But I hear that may change for next year.

Our one of our goals was to research WB's for next year. A prime consideration is the operator controls since my partner is a female with small hands. We narrowed our search to two brands that both had outdoor demo areas where she was able to get plenty of demo time.

4. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

MORE Likes:
    Got to see and compare all stand up mowers in one day.
    ---------
    Dislikes:
    :) well its was just me. Food court wasn't impressive.didn't fill me up.couldn't wait to leave and eat.
    I am seeing millions of pictures here,was told twice not to take pictures.As if that was some secret mower base:laugh: still took some

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

When would you suggest doing it? There is no "perfect" time that is going to match with everyone. The end of October is not the busy season for many people. Perhaps in later November would help, but I'm sure there are still plenty of guys out there busy. Mid summer? Are you joking??? Everyone is busy in the summer.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Actually mid summer would be better OR perhaps mid November.
    As long as there is green grass in the demo area at the convention location, should be good.

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That is why they should move it to Orlando - Green Grass unless we get a hard freeze.
    Best time - maybe December? Would be good time down here - cool for us but warm for most of you guys up north and grass is most likely green unless we had a really really early freeze.
    Also another good reason for December - If you had a really good year and need to make some investments before the tax year ends - what a better thing to spend some excess profit on?

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no perfect time for the Expo. Our seasons vary tremendously in different parts of the country.
    I like the comment about Florida. That seems to be a good idea to me. Warmer longer. Nice...
    December is too close to Christmas.
    January is bad weather for traveling for many.
    February..see above.
    March...we are all working again...
    On and on and on and on.....

No perfect time.....

9. 908LawnPro

908LawnPro LawnSite Member

so where are these pictures...

10. Tim Flogel

Tim Flogel LawnSite Member

Being new to this, I was looking for aexpo this winter, I liked the winter expo in Florida, for us in the north.