1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GIE Update

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Nov 17, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got back from Nashville last night. Anyone who didn’t go really missed out. Its a great show and all the people were great. Some of the people I met up with were, Crazygator, Mowerdude, RichDTLC, Lawn Tec, Fine Lines, Mowerconsultant, and a few others.

The field day was pretty good. It was cool and windy that day. I think I like the field testing at Louisville better because you don’t have to rush with just a few hours only to test. But the people at the field day seem much happier and more professional at GIE than the other.

I spent time with the eXmark guys. As usual, these guys are great. I got to meet some different guys from the company at this show. Good thing Fred and Dustin didn’t make it, they might have gone to the Wild Horse and still not be back yet. Haha. They had a safety video prepared to give away. I haven’t checked it out yet, but it appears to be in both English and Spanish. Its another customer service provided by eXmark.

I stopped in the Hustler booth and came across Paul and Adam Mullet. We talked for a long time. They are great guys. Very friendly and knowledgeable about equipment and the industry. They are very happy about their product, and they should be. They’ve done an awesome job. Their equipment is top notch. If I did not run eXmarks, I would have Hustler at the top of my list. I was very impressed with the people and equipment at Hustler.

Rocksolid had a lot of interest in the Plugr aerators. At the field day it was fun to watch people as they tried the machines. They were expecting something hard to handle and the surprised look at the ease of it was funny.

Friday night we went to the Wild Horse were Shindawia was having a party. We met several guys from the company and had a great time. The food and open bar was great, but the view from the 2nd floor was awesome(if you know what I mean).

The one person I’m sad to say I missed was John Allin. I kept my eyes open for you the entire show and never saw you. Maybe next time.

I’ll add later to this…
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

This was my first show and I think I enjoyed the field day the best. Did you see the Echo booth. They had those PVC pipes glued together with 3 softballs in it. They were demo'ing various backpack blowers to see how far up they could blow the softballs. Keep in mind that this is at the ECHO booth and they were demostrating various blowers and the RED MAX was doing the best.....not sure what their point was....lol

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

:D Perhaps they should have tried it before the expo.
  4. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I noticed the same thing when I tried it. Redmax wasn't much ahead of Echo but it was ahead.
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

do you know if it was the 7000 or 7001 series??
  6. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe we'll get to see this display again.....next year at the Redmax booth.:D
  7. cnflawn

cnflawn LawnSite Member
    from tn

and remember the redmax takes a little of the air and bleeds it off to keep the operater cool so it definitely generates more air. it was the 7001 model at the demo. and redmax had the same display already
  8. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

That feature alone almost sold me.
  9. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Thats funny about the echo/redmax... I stopped in at a dealer I have never been to, he sells shindys and said that the shindy (630 i believe?) is made by redmax, and that when Echo goes around to dealers with that display, they refuse to test it against the shindy. Whether or not he was fully of BS is yet to be determined, but you guys have convinced me!