GIE, wich course, what days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it matter which assoc. you register with? Just glancing over things and it looks like the ALCA would be the best. But the others look like they have some good ones to be at too.

I missed the advanced registration, so I'll probably only make the week end days.

Who's is going for sure? Who's been to one in the past?

By the way, are we still going to intrude on LGF, even though he's been muted?

Ha you can't abbreviate Association with A S S!

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I went last year to the seminars and I would recommend highly. It does not who you register with. You are allowed to go to all the seminars except the ones that require a seperate fee. The hard part is deciding which ones to attend. Last year I attended mostly marketing type seminars. If I was going this year, I would attend mostly pesticide seminars, since I got my license last April.

Last year I registered with PLCAA and attended the morning roundtables. All you can stomach breakfast buffet. Each table has a different category heading along with a moderator that get the discussion going. There were about 20 different roundtable all with different topics....one might be "H2B Programs", one might be labeled "New Marketing Ideas". I still keep in touch with one guy that I met. PLCAA also has a free "new members" meeting. This if for prospective members only. They answer any question you might have about their association. Not only that, but that have free food and a free open bar. To me the GIE is all about the seminars and the expo is just a bonus.

You will only get out of it what you put in it.

Have fun
    MATT

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Darn it!! I had my self talked out of going while at work tonight. I thought I'd just put the cash into the yellow pages, or maybe a muzzel loader. No, but you go making it sound all intresting. Then to top it off, you mention an open bar.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've been in the past. Will be going to it this year.