Gift Certificates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RICHIE K, Dec 8, 2004.

1. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

TODAY I HAD A CUSTOMER CALL AND SHE STATED THAT SHE WANTED TO BUY A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR HER MOM. SHE WANTED TO PAY FOR THE SEASON OF 2005, I FIGURED THE BILL OUT FOR THE WORST AND SHE SAID THATS FINE. SO THE WIFE MADE A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR HER AND SHE PAID FOR THE WHOLE YEAR. ANY ONE EVER DO GIFT CERT. :)

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

2. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Man is that sweet. I never have before, but I sure would.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I did one of those this past year for a Father's Day gift. the mom and daugher bought it for their dad, so he could have the summer off. Nice gift, and worked out well. Paid in full prior to starting work, and also landed additional dethatching and aerating there. Would be a nice thing to advertise this time of year...
    Why not give them the year off for Christmas!

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

That's actually a really cool idea, bet the senoir citizens out here would love to get a gift like that. What do you include in them, basic service and then sell add ons?

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a number of those for snow plowing as holiday Gifts,give the parent the snow season off...

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a client who every christmas buys a gift cetificate from me to give to his widowed mother for a year worth of lawn maintnance. Nice getting that lumpsome in off season but the only downside is that I feel like im doing her lawn for free all year. :dizzy:

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That could be a good marketing strategy as well, advertise that you do gift certificates, some people might not want a lawn service but might be interested in a gift for a relative.

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Yes but never for the whole season like that.

9. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

OUT4NOW

ITS JUST THE BASIC MOWING, EDGING AND TRIMMING. ANYTHING ELSE IS EXTRA. LIKE CLEAN UPS ETC....

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I sold 3 fall cleanup gift certificates this year. I base all cleanups ( well most ) on an hourly rate and the gc's were 3 hour time slots and the giftee was billed the overage.

Neat idea, I might consider promoting it more next season.