Girlfriend getting mad at grass clippings every where.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, May 20, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yeah so lately i have been getting hell from my girlfriend because its all over the garage and getting tracked in our house. She also cannot believe how dirty my new truck is, inside and out. I just cant help it especially at the end of the day when im tired i don't have time to clean anything up. I can tell that it really bugs her but i don't know how to stay so clean LOL.

2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

My girl won't put up with that stuff, man. I know better. I brush myself off before I come inside and my shoes come off at the door! Or else....

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got 800.0 in a new vacuum and stem cleaner so if i don't make a mess then i just wasted 800.0 at least that was my excuse to the old lady whining :)

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Tell her that if you stopped bringing in grass and always had a clean truck that you would no longer have any money to spend on her! That grass on the floor is equal to $$$ in the pockets.

On the cleaning note... How many have actually hired a cleaning service to do your house? weekly vaccumming, dusting, and cleaning the hard floors. I can run a blower outside to keep the patio and the garage clean but I can't for the life of me get the gumption to run a vac in the house anymore.

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

watch your language

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Have you considered getting a new girlfriend btw...LOL :D

7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

during cutting season we used to have grass clippings get in the fridge! My wife brings my dinner and beer to the front porch now as my truck pulls up . I brush off outside and take my shoes off . It seems to be a happy medium

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The green clippings translate into green dollars. If she don't like it tell her to hit the road.
    My wife NEVER complains about grass anywhere in fact she encourages it. If she is just a girlfriend you have two paths to take, she learns to embrace what you do and support it or she moves on and you find a woman who appreciates you.
    You could turn into a spineless jellyfish and get changed in the garage and then meticulously clean after yourself to please her but then you might as well kneel when you pee.
    Sorry to be to the point but thats life.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

#1 Get a new G/F #2 use a blower to blow the clippngs off of yourself #3 hire a hot looking cleaning girl to come in once a wk to clean. No whining and a clean house and if your lucky a new girl friend

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Thats what I do. I use the blower to blow the clippings off my shirt, pants and shoes at the end of the day. For one reason is that I live alone and I am the one who has to clean up lol