give customers your cell #?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bobbygedd, May 2, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i've always valued my privacy, and my option, to talk to someone, or not. last year, it was standard to never give out my cell number. this year, however, i'm carrying more clients, and part of my selling point, is availability. of course, the ole caller i.d helps. do u give your clients your cell #?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

my cell number is my biz number, i don't need my family talking to potiential customers....might scare em away!

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yeah to a phone that been gone for yrs :laugh: :laugh:

If its a valuable customer then I give it out, if its a 1 time job or the people are an azz they get the old #

4. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell no, last thing I want on friday night when i am out with my friends is Ms. smith calling me to see if i was comming tomorow when i already told her 10 times that I was. I have a business line and thats what its for business, my cell is my personsal phone.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 cell phones.1 for personal use the second is for business use.There is NO way my customers would get my personal cell phone #.

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I use 2000 minutes a month, mostly telling the same thing over and over again. Thank god I got nextels free incoming!!!

7. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the call forwarding feature on my home phone so calls are forwarded to my cell when someone calls my home. During the day no one is home at my house so I dont want to miss any potential customers. My cell number is on my business card but customers seem to call my house more though.

Jason

8. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

My cell is my biz phone. I just look at the I.D. and decide if I want to take it or not. All of the customers are in there and they have their own ring tone. I know as soon as the phone rings if it is a customer who is already signed up or a possible new customer. If I am busy and it is someone already on board, I let the voice mail get it.
    Owner/Secretary, Jeff

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I do. Especially important for snow work. Not uncommon to have it ringing at 3 or 4 am in a storm or ice event.

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

my cell phone number is my biz number. my mom works at night so i don't need customers calling when she's sleeping.