Give Estimate......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nelson, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

What would you charge.....I know it all depends on Mower,
    etc etc...All I am asking is for ballpark figures....

1 acre, 100' cow fencing, above ground pool, 3 trees up
    front(oak) maybe a few years old.

I am asking because seems like everyone in this rural route
    has the same set up almost. Have a chance 2 get more accounts.

Let me know...Thanks..........:confused:

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

$70 to $80.

3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

are you by cecil field? if you are consider moving, or put flyer's in mr. magoo's, i bet you'll get alot of call's

4. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

You should calculate if there is any edging or ditches to trim. If what you said on the original post is all the yard has I would give and estimate of $50-60 dollars. But you are right it does kinda depend on what mower you are using and if you are working by yourself. If you feel that the customer is kinda clueless on lawn management pricing go ahead and charge $70-80. If it will be cut once a week make the price a little lower that if you are gonna cut every 10 days or 14days.

Important Note: Do your best to earn $50-60 an hour.

5. $35 would be just about right.

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

take a look at the area. what is the going rate in that area.
    60-80 sounds about right.

its all about the money!!!!

7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't go near an acre for less than $80, I don't care if they had a 35,000 sq ft mansion on it, it would still be at LEAST $80.
    That way I could hire Lawn Choupique to cut it for me and still amke a profit .....

8. $80 per hour? I would not know what to do will all that money. You know, it has allways amazed me how from time to time I will read how will some old person dies who never made over minimun wage in their life will leave a million dollars in their will to the local college or some other charity. Yet someone making $80 per hour only has time to complain. Surly at $80 per hour you are a millionair many times over.

9. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

$50-$60

Kevin

10. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact, afterall, my expenses considering insurance, license, certification, etc., etc., are a bit more than I am sure you are paying, plus the cost of equipment and repairs ... oops, sorry, I forgot, you don't have any of those and your "crapsman" never breaks down ... so I guess for the two hours or more it would take you to cut, trim, edge, and blow that property with your 21" mower, I guess you would be runnin' home to mama with that whole $35 you made and think you had found gold "in them thar hills".