Give high estimate on job I did not want and got it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jan 11, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

First how has everyone been doing? Have not posted anything in awhile do to part time job that ended Christmas and this week one butt kicken stomach virus that made me think of death :D I went today to look at a shrub trimming job that I really did not even care about. As I have posted before I was trying to get away from it do to the cheapscapes where I live that want to pay 4-5 bucks a hour. I looked at the job and figured if I dragged my butt maybe 3.5 hours. The lady seemed nice but did not look like they could afford very much. I quoted her 275 and was waiting for the shocked look I have seen so many times or the "you are kidding, I cant afford that" look. To my surprise she said "that is not bad, go ahead and do it next week" or anytime you want and I pay cash. I remember a time when I would have done this for 30 bucks but no more! Also wanted some stumps ground up and even though I dont do that told her I would get her a price on it also (thanks to lawnsite for teaching me about subbing it out). This site has been a very valuable learning resource that has helped me payup several times. Some of this info should be charged for :D I better shut-up! Once again everyone have a good one.

2. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Way to go Danny! Getting a job you didn't really want. If you decide you really don't want the money either I can probably help you out. Just let me know. :D

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I will be more than happy to help with the money as well :)

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Welcome back! Now you'll have to change your screen name to hardworkingnotsopoorman lol. GLad you're learning alot. Late at night even on mountain and pacific time theres a lot of "guests" viewing which makes me wonder about what will come in the next few months. I think there are a lot of people learning on here nowadays.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

Suurrreee, I will be glad to share the money, I have so much of it LOL!

6. QualityLawnCare4u

out4now, I have really learned a lot from this site and I have made every mistake in the book in past 6 years. And I still have a lot to learn.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Learning is a never ending process, I can attest to that.

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i will help you out the the "too much money situation".....and i tell you what.....i will do it for FREE....nothing beats free, right? :)

9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Never judge a book by it's cover. There are some people still in this world that live below their means. It's the rich looking ones that can't afford us sometimes.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Are you sure she didn't think you said $2.75????? :dizzy: