Give me your input!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Mar 22, 2001.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

O.K. Guys .got to put in a bid on a drug store in my area.I've got pretty good idea what i want to charge ,but let me have your 2 cents.
    It's got 12k grass that needs to be cut every 7-10 days trim an blow off lot. .They do have a sprinkler system.They are small narrow grass plots but i'am sure my 36 will fit.
    They want it to be fertalized 5 times per year.(i use lesco of course) no overseeding
    They have got 200 small 1 to 3 foot bushes that need to be trimmed, i say 3 times per year
    they want me to keep the beds weed free. Lots of beds 7.
    I will mulch them if i get the bid ,but will bill seperatly
    I hope i got all the info you may want .they only want to have this on a 7 month cycle.april 1 to oct 31 . i know this is long but didn't want to forget anything.Tell me what you think an i'll let you know what i had in mind ! Thank guys

2. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

I would bid 45.00 per cut and 45.00 per hour min 1 hr for the shrubs and weed pulling in flower beds and would charge
    40.00 per bag of Lesco weed and feed put down on lawn....

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Any leaf removal? I would give them an all inclusive bid instead of an hourly bid. These guys like to know exactly what the costs will be for budgeting reasons.

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

just trying to help, don't forget edging the beds and remulching them...

5. leeslawncare

Well the bed mulching he wants me to bill seperate.they are edged inn cement .an there is zero leaf removal.

6. leeslawncare

I was hopeing to get get a lil more input on this .Thanks

7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

what about trash removal ?

8. leeslawncare

good point.ya i'll pick up litter before i mow but it doesn't look like its bad .Lucky for me there isn't any resturants near by!!

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

MOWING:
    12m/sf = $40per cut.
    I would make sure that the clients understand that by having an irrigation system that their lawns may need service every 5 days during the heavier growing months, and that cooler weather will extend the length of their season as well.

NUTRITION:
    12m/sf = $60per app.
    12m/sf = $78grub control.
    If they are looking for a 5 application program, I would sell them on 4 applications plus a grub control.

ORNAMENTAL BED MAINTENANCE:
    $28man hr.

SHEARING:
    $1100per trim = 17/man hrs.
    I would try to sell them on every 6-8wks. for shearing and drop the price down to $900 per. I give clients a break because the more they allow us to shear the less work is involved each time because we are only removing the newest growth each time.

Good Luck this season!
    Kris

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with Kris on this. Except I think I would add more to the cut price due to the picking up trash and blowing the parking lots.