1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Give some love for capt stream rotors' handy work

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

this is why I pay the big bucks... just picking, this believer it or not is on the front a VERY nice and expensive house... we will be and if rotor hangs around be ripping every bit of it out and installing a new system, but I feel bad because the previous owner did it himself... sad to see a $2mil+ house w/ a home depot designed irrigation equip
  2. BrandonV

picture would be good

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Is your area still affected by drought conditions or is your area back to full steam ahead?
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I know you said this was a Cheapo system, but are those sprays the right thing for that "bed", would you do it that way (with better stuff)?

Would you install drip for that bed, or pretty new spray heads?

What are the new system specs? Price tag?
  5. BrandonV

that is a homeowner installed system that will be ripped out along w/ the driveway and this will be another disneyland project. on lakes (like this one) I prefer sprays over drip, also given our weather here I prefer sprays regardless because even though plants don't need the water on a regular basis after the first three years it's nice to be able to just turn on those zones when we enter these drought conditions. drip gets chewed through, fills up w/ sediment and whatnot. This system is looking like we'll go w/ a 2wire acc-d clock, maybe a ET unit and a 2hp berkley pump. the home owner who is actually from cal. wants disneyland and that's what I love doing. I won't disclose prices for customer privacy reasons... yall might want me to show photos as I'm building it, and I hate to have neighbors and nosey people gawking.
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Piece of junk, IMHO..rip it blind guys.
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Those spray heads hurt my eyes....poor guy....

:: packs bags for Disneyland::

that system sounds like some fun.
  8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Stop & say hello on your way to the coast...the real coast.
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Animatronic mice with squirt guns watering the posies?
  10. Gulf of Mexico?