Give your prise TRUGREEN

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Husky, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Well, on a 1/4 acre,,whic his my primary customer,,,what are u guys getting for fertilizer applications ,.,,,i run a 5 step program here in virginia,,,and i run them at 50$ per app....tru green gets like 70 or 80 on places like this,,am i to low?

2. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I wish TGCL would raise their prices around here. They are doing my neighbor for $58.00 my price is $78.00 (actual turf area is 17,000) They quoted me $50.00 for my 14,000 sq. ft. lawn.

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Thats whats wrong with tru green. They do not manage their sales people. The way they pay the applicators is by commission. I used to spray in thunderstorms. Sad but true.

When paying commission it peezes you off to come to an underpriced lawn. You end up skating on it so you can get to one that pays right.

A local Houston branch is paying an hourly wage. I know two very experienced new hires at 2 branches....One is making $15 an hour and the other is making $600 a week plus commission. They are seeing how to reduce payroll. The bad part is they overpay and baby their sales people.

Its all good for those of us that care....

4. J&LOwner

J&LOwner LawnSite Member

I have gotten 3 prior TruGreen customers. All 3 were not happy with their service and the way they were treated/ harrassed by sales. One particular property (82,000 SF), was paying $130 per application with TruGreen. That customer now has my service and is paying me $245 per app. I have found that most people want a quality, personal service rather than a cheap "spray and pray."

5. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

Your both crazy, price is too low.

6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

You can't figure on TruGreen there prices are all over the place.
    You need to figure your price by sqft and go with it. I pick up
    TG customers all the time. I ask the customer how much they
    where paying TG.

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

scweedman-

You need to charge 5 to 6 dollars per 1000sq/ft right???

8. scweedman

Yes, I charge a stop charge then $5/$6 per 1000sqft.

9. scweedman

The stop charge would be up to 5000 sqft.

10. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Dman, your around...hey out of 350 customers I have 23 lawns with gates the zspray couldnt fit into, only two my pg cant fit because of stairs,,

My informal study for ya...6% i guess