Giving 30 day notice to a comm. account??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Creative Lawn Care, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have seen lots of examples of contracts on here, but does anyone have an example of a letter to quit comm. accounts? I am scaling back my bus. and need to send a nice letter of 30 day notice to cancel my current contract. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

Nobody has any ideas?

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but shouldnt you need a more valid reason to get rid of a customer who you have agreed to provid a service too..

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Creative, which part of NC are you in?

5. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

ECM- I am in High Point, probably a little far from you but if you are interested let me know. Two of the accounts are very small, the third one is a decent size account.

Dave- I do have two good reasons. 1-I am changing directions and am going to be doing little or no lawn care so I can persue other interests. 2- These accounts are the ones that complain the most and yet "cannot afford" to have thier price raised for the last 4 years. I cannot continue to do them for the same money. I do have a contract with all 3 places but the contract clearly says that I or them may cancel with 30 days notice.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, a little far for us, and we aren't really taking on anymore accounts. But... it's always worth asking more about them :)

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I recently quit one of my slow pay commercial accounts. I just passed it over to another LCO in my area. The other LCO and I went to the store manager and I just intro'ed the other LCO and walked. Just that simple. I"m out....the other guy is in...and the account is still being service without a glitch.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

probably since many have not had to cancel comm accts....residential yes.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Never had to cancel a Com account in the middle of the year. If it was a Res I can help!!!:walking:

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

How's this:
    - You might edit the two weeks to 30 days bit.
    - Also, rather than saying 'resign my position,' you might say 'resign my services'
    - You can likely skip the 'cc' part at the bottom, that's for 'carbon copies' (hence cc).

[​IMG]