Giving away services?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of giving my customers a free mowing for every referal they give me if I end up with the job. I was wondering if anyone else offers anything like this? If so how has it worked out? Thanks

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

what i do in non contracted accounts i'll trim a bush or somthing on contrcted acccounts i'll give a $25 rebate forthem to use when they remitt thier statment they can only use 1 oer month and i only hand them out if its a year round account ....you could be doing free lawn care to the right person

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We started giving away gift certificates to local resturaunts for $20.00 for referals, we keep our business seperate from say like free mows and ect. Found gift certificates to returaunts work great!

4. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

My dentist has always sent us a nice box of candy when we sent a referral! What a great way to get new business and keep the old ones coming back!
    Will M.

5. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

good point landscaper

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing I meant to add on my reply was if you decide to give resturaunt gift certificates out (which worked best for me in my trial and error times) you contact the manager of the resturaunt and see if he will work with you on rebates on bulk gift certificates like we did. EVERYONE or most everyone one likes a nite out thats why this has worked best for us!