giving customers email

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 1, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do u folks communicate with your clients using email?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

A good portion of our clients are elderly. Now that's not to say that I know for certain if they have internet access, but I believe a lot of them are set in their ways and just aren't up on technology. So we haven't really considered e-mail as an option.
  3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Good question...

Yes, and it has worked out great... I have even emailed their statement on occasion... Of course not everyone has email, but for those who do, why not use it?

I have also been able to forward good stories that might relate to their landscape... My email is on my letterhead and would prefer my customers use that information medium...

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Of the aprox 70 accts I have, I e-mail statements to about 12 of them.
  5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have my email adress on my invoices and my business cards. Quite a few of my clients email me instead of picking up the phone when they have a question or a request for work. Works out well for me.
  6. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

All my regular customers use email to contact me. Works great for me and I include my email address and web address on all correspondence and promotional material. I am starting to use email for invoices this year - no feedback on this yet though. I find it much better than phone messages and as stated before it is good for sending interesting articles or pertinent information such as water ban regulations.
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Email is great. I use it alot for design services. I email ideas, they email corrections, concerns, I email finished picture and we meet to finalize everything. Great timesaver, and I dont have to listen to that annoying phone.
  8. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I have through my server a seperate account for my business.
    it works pretty good as I email invoices to my clients who live in CAN
  9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I have 2 customers who are both over 75 and insist on email for estimates and invoicing. Biiggg time saver and easy to file the correspondence. For those that want to use it, its extremely efficient for all of us.
  10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Some e-mails.Mostly from clients that travel a lot.So and so is coming for a party on such and such date can you....I like it because they do it at all hours of the day so the phone doesn't ring off the hook.Just check each morning.Really good for snow plowing.