giving mowing the bullet

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by garth1967, Mar 26, 2006.

1. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

all good input lads especially you turflord.its been a long hot summer here but its becoming alot more pleasant.there are alot of people ringing lately for bigger and better paying jobs.i have culled a few mowing jobs.i have kept mainly the ones who constantly request other services like gutter cleaning, tree lopping etc and never question the bill mind you.point taken about the mowing though ,good cash flow and bottom line work in a slow economy

thanks fellas

2. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Cant believe the amount of big jobs coming thru this week.Finish a large turf job tomorrow.Got a 2K + cleanup on Monday. Total landscaping install of a front yard for a wedding next weekend (nothing like advance notice!!!!!! Got the call and just want it done NO BUDGET! Got 4K cheque off her 20 mins ago) Big school job for wednesday/thursday
    Called all the casuals in They are happy!!!
    And the business is for sale!!!!!!!!!

3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

You will be more than happy targeting gardening rather than lawns.I was interested in doing lawns for a while but when i can earn $30 + on one plant for in effect no work its a no brainer!

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of companies are changing their business future to landscape/hardscape and no mowing. To each their own, you gotta do what is best for you and your business. I myself have been able to capitalize the mowing end of it!:clapping:

5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

stuie,thats the stuff big guy:weightlifter: :cool2: :walking: