Giving my first big quote for year-long

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jake1211, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

Here are the details.This is my 3rd year in business, with 23 accounts. I have this yard that could become a great account for me. The thing is I have never put anyone on contract and now I am beginning to do that so I can have money coming in year-round. The yard is about 5000 square foot in grass space, zoysia. The rest is 17000 square foot of pinestraw and flowerbeds. They want the full package, fertilzer, pine straw, weed prevention in the flower beds, mowing, edging, trimming, blowing, fall cleanups ...The Works. I came up with an estimate of $7510 for the year, which comes to about $625.00 per month. Can someone help me out and tell me if that just sounds outrageous? I can supply more info if desired, just post it on this thread. THANKS in ADVANCE!!!!

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Give the estimate to the customer and watch for the look on their face, if they smile and say ok in 10 seconds or less, you were too cheap , If they get red in the face and tell you you are nuts , you are too expensive . As long as you bid the job to make a reasonable profit and give the customer value for their dollar and both parties are happy with the deal thats all that matters.

You will never make more on a job unless you quote a higher price .

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

How did u come to that price. How many mows are in your season. Can u show a breakdown. Easeir to see if your high or low by seeing your breakdown and the customer would shurly like that as well at the price range its in.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that correct, 17,000 sf of beds or is that a typo

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have commerical accounts that are less than that amount with same stuff included. Most yards with full works is $200 per month. But there must be something pretty special about you account, I would sure like to be in an area that have this kind of money

6. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

The 17000 sq.ft. natural area and flowerbed space is not a typo, it is humongous, I rolled it off myself. The back yard is about 10,000 sq. ft. with the front beds taking up the remaining 7,000. We mow about once a week here, or 24 times a year(April-Sept), then fall cleanup about every other week for three months(Oct, Nov, Dec) This neighborhood is probably one of the most wealthy in Birmingham, but I do not price yards based on how much money I think they have, but it does make me feel better if they do have money when I give them some crazy quote. I will attach how I broke this down if someone would like to see how I came up with this thing. Its in excel.

7. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

see attachment

Attached Files: