Giving you the Finger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Sep 24, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Check this out....thought I was going to die....was trying to help guide a load of blocks being but on the trailer and finger got caught between the trimmer racks and the blocks. Smashed it up pretty good, and as you can see broke my finger. Doc said I will need surgery, and I told him not until Dec....He laughed and said he will see me next week. He wanted to do it today, but couldn't because of some many things to get done. I hate to be down for the rest of the year, but gotta get it done. And yes that LS.C in the back ground on the last pic....

DSCF0701.JPG

DSCF0702.JPG

DSCF0703.JPG

2. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

OUCH!!!! Sorry to see your pain.......

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That does hurt just seeing it...

Now THAT's pain lol.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

that maid me remember when i smashed my finger with the trailer too..

5. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch. I slammed a guy's arm in between the rungs on a loading ramp for a Bobcat because we put the ramps in wrong under the trailer and he got up under it and told me to pull it; Well it didn't move so he stuck his arm through them to loosen it, but I couldn't see him and he didn't tell me to stop pulling so it broke free and it smashed his arm; I'm glad I didn't break it but he was off the job for a while regardless; I don't know how long because I think both of us quit anyway.

After seeing your finger I realize I shouldn't complain too much about that wasp sting I got the other day!

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I was guiding a 48" terra cotta pot (full) and the other guy was on the hand truck, and the hand truck moved, My hand were quick to move as well, but my pinky finger got caught under the edge of the pot and the ground...I feel your pain....no surgery, but the xray showed the tip of the finger was in about 6 pieces....

7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

You're crazy to wait, get it done as fast as possible.

I broke a bone in my hand and waited a week, by that time it already partially healed itself but it was crooked. The cast they put on was supposed to put pressure on it to straiten out but it didn't . Now if I want my knuckle straight I have to an operation where the saw the bone and put in a pin.

I didn't know it was broken at first, it was my first broken bone and my hand was actually all swelled up for a week, when it went down I still couldn't believe I broke it.

8. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch, hurts me just looking at it.

From the looks of things it appears that this is not your first rodeo. Looks like some of your other fingers have taken a beating as well. Man that's got to be painful.

I mashed my hand when I was lowering a tip up deck on a John Deere in the early spring. Index finger still hurts when I bend it a certain way.

Let's all be careful out there.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Just straighten it back up and tape it to the otherone.

10. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

With duct tape? :)