Glad this isn't me!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

2. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Bill will probably be here tomorrow in N. MS. Just hope all the rain moves out by wed. though. Can't take more than one day or in messes up the schedule and to top it off I have to have all the cabins at the lake done by thurs. afternoon. I will probably get wet. Glad your dry.

3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

That's about a foot from being totaled.
    Hope that poor guys heart is good shape.

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

He'd be better off if they just totaled it, if it wasn't already.

No flooding here. Glad I live on a sand hill.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Well, Bill hit us directly here in New Orleans.( Slidell ) We got over 10" of rain in some spots yesterday alone. Our power has been out since 5:30 last evening, and just came back on at 7:00 this morning. Thank God I finally bought a generator!! My first year with one, and it has already paid for itself in this first storm alone. We would have lost all of the food in our 'fridge and freezer, not to mention burning up without A/C. I had the A/C, 'fridge, freezer, TV, coffee pot, microwave, radios, lamps, etc. All on one little generator. I even thought of hooking up the PC, but thought better of it.:rolleyes:

Some of the houses around here are still gutted from the storms we had last year back to back. They got hit again yesterday. I've got quite a mess to clean up, but very thankful it wasn't worse for us. Hope everyone else made it through as well or better than we did.

Scary thing is, this is supposed to be a very active storm season. 35%-45% more active then ever before. Oh boy! :dizzy:

~Nest

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This is a very bad storm and it has caused a lot of damage. Only time will tell how much damage is a result of this storm. I have family that is waiting to see how much worse it will get for them.

Gravely_Man

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Did anyone see the pics of the FEDEX workers on the roof watching their truck bob and float down the street? That was a classic.

8. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

we got 6 inches in 3 days

9. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Bill hit us good last night! I'm in Covington, LA, just north of New Orleans, and we were at my wifes grandmother's funeral in the middle of the storm. A very unpleasant Monday evening to say the least. All the streams and rivers are flooded, alot of road closures, no electricity, etc. etc. Already have people calling for storm cleanup. Schedule for July is already screwed up! OH WELL...