1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Glass removal from a lawn

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by alowery14, Jan 11, 2007.

1. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sorry to tell ya but you are way of base. You should not be rolling any lawn.
  2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yea run it over!:nono: How about the property owner's kid bare foot in the summer. Or maybe there dog. A piece of glass cost me over $400 once cuz my dog slashed her paw in a piece and needed 14 stitches. It all boils down to liability. If there happy with raking it up and a shop vac then go for it. If someone could get hurt if there is a lot then rake up some and make the trucks insurance pay for some loam and seed. Some of you guys need to use your heads and stop being just the mower boy.
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

not that it matters much, but is it plate glass or safety glass. Ie is it in big ragged chunks or small bitty squares....Leaf rake and shop vac....their paying you right....
  4. I like that comment!
  5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Rake and shop vac. If you roll it or bury it under a thin layer of soil it will eventually move up to the surface by way of frost heaving.