global /national /regional /sponsorships

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by leadarrows, Aug 13, 2005.

1. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Sean: if I remember correctly you have toyed with the idea of having regional sections of Lawn Site. if you did this has it occurred to you that this would give you the opportunity to have local advertising for each region?
    The reason I ask this is is that I hope to open a landscape supply business in the near future. I don't intend to offer my products nationally at first. So I was thinking if you had for instance north south east and west LawnSite regions or zones it would allow for an advertisements to be more locally effective.
    This would also allow for you to restructure your sponsorship pricing and allow smaller businesses more affordable ad space. As well as giving you broader advertising opportunities. As you're are already aware much of the information exchanged on this site is area specific. While some larger companies such as Gopher, Xmark and Stihl fill global market needs it is harder for smaller companies to justify the cost of advertising on a site like this one. However if they could target local lawn care and landscaping companies I'm sure it would increase their interest. I know it would for me. At least it's something to think about.
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Makes perfect sense...there are a lot of companies that express interest in being on the site but often times when we discuss things we collectively find out that the site may not fit them due to the "global" audience we cater to. A regional section(s) >> N/S/E/W would allow service and product providers to market directly to people they know can purchase from it opens the doors for the members because now they have more options.
  3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

if the classifieds can post our info regarding location could you not place adds on the site in reference to our log-on info? Something along the lines of a your local sponsor banner?
  4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

not sure what this means