Global warming or what?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Olylawnboy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

ElephantNest started a thread regarding the high temp where he is. So I want to ask, what do you all think of the global warming thing? I'm in the pac nw and I've been mowing into december for the last three years now and can't remember a hard freeze or a real snowfall for seventeen years at least. And have even had to start mowing agian in the middle of Feb. Could it just be El Nino? Any comments?...oly

2. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

well we only had 1 day in the 90's all summer in NY if anythings its colder this year then the last few ones

i could care less i will be dead and so will my great grandchildred by the time anythign seriously bad would happen. live life and go make more money while u can

3. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a bumper sticker the other day: Alaskans for Global Warming

I can relate, being from the NW as well I wouldn't mind a little temp increase.

We've been in and out of at least 3 different ice ages that we know of. In the 1970's the climate dooms-day crowd screamed Global Cooling. I think it's all bunk. There's "evidence" that the planet is in a warming trend but to say we're the cause of it is crap. Like I said before, we've been in and out of at LEAST 3 different ice ages that we know of and all of them occured before man was in any great numbers here.