Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mean Green Lawns, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

2. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

Where does everyone else get their information from???? cause I hear a lot of talk but not many facts!

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

You're not going to see it in your lifetime. Don't worry about it!!

4. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

It took a while for me to come to the conclusion that it was really happening and not just a case of the earth going through normal heating and cooling cycles. So the question to me is not whether what you present is true, but what are you doing about it?

BTW none of the links except for the last one work.

5. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

Nothing!... I except what is comming and welcome my fate. There are people with that purpose but it is not mine.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

All I know was when I lived in Florida in the 60's and I was a little guy they told me the ice caps were going to melt and Florida would be under water.

7. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

Here are some facts, as you requested to support "other" views about the warming conditions.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2742.htm

I love the environment very much, but I am not going to blame everything on global warming with a Green Peace or Sierra Club attitude.

8. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

I don't know what happen to my post, but here it is again. Maybe Green Peace is trying to hide something.:

Here are some facts, as you requested to support "other" views about the warming conditions.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2742.htm

I love the environment very much, but I am not going to blame everything on global warming with a Green Peace or Sierra Club attitude.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think we have duplicates. Mean Green started two threads in two topic.

10. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

You put up a post about global warming, and then say you are willing to do nothing about it except "accept your fate"? Come on mate that's a bit weak don't you think? There are plenty of little things that you can do that might just make a difference.

I was under the impression that people in this business had some appreciation for the earth considering you spend virtually everyday outside tending to it!