Global warming

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ranger351w, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

Who belives in global warming? Think about this= Most of the northren halve of USA was under a glacier only 40 thousand years ago. What melted it??:confused: I rember when I was a child in the grades they would show probably the same footage of the north Icepac sloughing off in the news reels they feed us.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The Globe is warming. No doubt about that. The Globe has warmed many times in the past. No doubt about that either. The question is what/who is causing this warming? Or who is speeding up the warming? Many scientist say humans are either causing this warming or speeding up the process. Some say its a natural cycle
    I say when in doubt--play it safe. We should try and be good stewards of the Earth anyway and leave it a better place than we found it.
    I think pollution has a profound effect on the weather and its all bad--prolonged droughts and heat waves

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess its a natrual cycle. Ever see a metorologist on the news when asked? They should know more about it than the average lawn guy, and they say there isnt enough data

4. ranger351w

Well the moon is actualy moving away at I believe the sum of three miles a year and that thing has a huge affect on climate.How do you stop that? All things change and die and the earth is no exception. As far as us doing much to harm it you will not fix it by burning corn juice. How do we put the rain forest back?How do you stop other nations such as china and third world countrys from polluting? How do you stop Volcanoes from erupting and forest fires? how do you stop the hugh Methane fields from melting in the oceans? ON and On yada yada yada. There is big money in all of this and that is the bottom line!!!

5. Charles

Ya and we should get in on the "big money" and turn this thing into a positive. There are plenty of environmental friendly/energy saving products to be discovered/produced and sold to a world of consumers. Clean up the earth and make money doing it. The Japanese are way ahead of us in this game. Its a win win thing and will create millions of high tech jobs. The world is sold on Global warming no matter who is causing it. We really have no choice because oil will pretty much disappear in 100 years.
    We need to get on board with recycling Nuclear waste. Pumping co2 gas produced by coal back into the earth. Mass producing hydrogen autos. Energy saving bulbs, washing machines, dryers, ovens, dishwashers, blowers, mowers etc etc and sell them to the world:clapping:

6. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

I have alreadys started using Bio-Diesel in my trucks, it cheaper and we are going to start making it ourselves.

7. Charles

You mean using vegetable oil? Going around to restaurants and asking for used oil? I have read about that and its doable. Looks like a lot of work with all that straining of the oil etc. You need big storage containers. One time charge for a part for your truck to make it work?

8. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

well yes and no, i can but it already made and its alot cheaper than diesel. here is the website and class i'll be attending, they say you can use a old hot water heater to hold the final product.

http://www.girlmark.com/tour/
    http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel.html

9. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

The process is a cycle. If my research is correct, the globe has increased about 1 degree over the last one hundred years....And it has not increased at all over the last 10. History shows a trend of warming and cooling periods....Sure the globe has been warming, but I think the actions of people have very little if anything to do with it. You can agree or disagree, but know what you are talking about before you jump on this global warming cult following that certain well known people are pushing. You know who I'm talking about....Too many people believe everything they hear. Be careful, especially with the main stream news media. They have an agenda. I'm telling you it is all political.
    We can and should all do our part to make this a great earth a great place to live. But we can only do so much.

10. ranger351w

Hey alright landscaper22! Im not alone.

As far as jumping on the wagon to make money I try whenever I can but this is about major money that only the big players are going to see not anyone that peruses Lawnsite or any normal people as in Joe average. But Im with ya lets go get a small handfull anyway! Hell even the group Kansas is poluting with [dust in the wind.]