1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by desert rose gardening, Feb 24, 2008.

?

Do you believe in Golbal Warming?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2008.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    60.3%
  3. On hot days

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. On cold days

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Experts, huh? :laugh:
    ..."experts" bought & paid for by the left-wing liberal globalist affiliate nearest you!!

Not an argument anymore, you say? :wall
    The grand-pooh-bah of the whole man-made global warming kit-n-kabodddle, Mr. Al Gore, repeated over & over .... "the debate's over"
    ...."the debate's over"....in his propaganda-filled "An Inconvenient Truth".

Tell me...just WHEN did Al Gore debate ANYONE on this issue?!? :waving:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. Marcos

Yes 24 32.88%
    No 44 60.27%

The almost 2:1 results of this (very small) poll, is just a microcosm of the larger picture:

The concept of "man-made" global warming is being shoved down the throats of the citizens of the world by those... whose primary end-goal is to redistribute the world's wealth more evenly among nations.

Fact Is:The overwhelming majority of people in this country DON'T believe man has anything to do with climate change!

3. godflesh

godflesh LawnSite Member

The way I understand it..... all of the scientists involved in the United Nations environmental circuit are under an intellectual property agreement. Very few (if any) actually agree with the published findings the UN has issued on global climate change. But they are contractually limited from speaking out against it.
    The UN can cut and chop any report by any scientist to fit any agenda. Cool huh?
    In other news, there is a growing number of qualified (phd's and stuff) climatologists signing their name to a petition discrediting the very idea of man made climate problems. To sum it up, "anyone who believes that a man or any number of men can affect the will of mother nature is nothing but an arrogant ass"
    Glad I could be a beacon of good news.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, but anyone who fully believes that burning 5 billion gallons of petrol a day
    would have absolutely no effect on the climate is a... what?

Fair enough, and we may not have the facts straight, but that it has an impact I don't doubt.

5. Marcos

Try to keep things in their proper perspective, Topsites!

Another eruption like the Earth experienced in 1883 from Kracatoa in Indonesia would make man's yearly CO2 output look like a TINY smoke bomb, going off right smack in the middle of a corn field.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm starting to believe with all the crazy weather we've had.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

not at all.....

8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

People that believe in global warming, don't realize how old this earth is, and the up and down climate cycles it goes through, over thousands even millions of years.

We are simply going through a NORMAL climate changes, and we are soon due for an ice age!

Global Warming is a business that I should have started....I would be filthy rich just like Al Gore and his associates.

9. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, but see, these people watch too much of the main stream news media. This "entertainment" industry has bought into this crap, so true or not, they are going to keep pushing it. So the people that use the main stream media as their news source are going to believe it. If they say it then it must be true. :laugh: God forbid they go and do a little research for themselves.
    The global warming crowd made the headlines when 1600 scientists signed a letter warning about the consequences of global warming. Wow, 1600. That sounds convincing, right. Well hold on.....17,000 scientists signed a petition saying their was no convincing evidence that greenhouse gases will disrupt the earth's climate. Have you heard that anywhere? Probably not. You need to view the main stream news media about the same as you would watching a WWE match on tv.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Ain't that the truth!