Gloves, what do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Triple R, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

Do you use gloves and what has worked best for you?

Over the winter I have been using Ironclad Cold Condition gloves. They have worked great, they are like a wet suit for your hands. But with the warmer weather I would like to find gloves that are as tough but cooler. I have used pig skin and other leather gloves in the past but prefer the mechanics type gloves.

2. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I use the black SUG gloves that are like mechanix gloves, they hold up REAL well

3. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use the best glove money can get . ( wells lamont gloves) just ask ol' Paul Harvy)..They last forever an then some!!!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use my craftsman mechanic gloves. Not bad, they just don't last that long though I feel. Usually about 1/2 of a season

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use wells lamont grips (for helpers) cow hide. (costco $20 3 pairs)

I use wells lamont grips goatskin for me ($15 1 pair)

6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I use the cheap white cotton gloves with blue elastic band that come in a monster pack from Home Depot (I think like 10 in a pack, give or take, havent bought any yet this year). They last about a week or so, and then you can throw them away. They work out to less than $1 per pair, and they are about the coolest glove I have found for working in the summer. They are comfortable too. Second are the all brown jersey gloves, they also work pretty well, but I preffer the white ones.

Kevin

7. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

atlas fit gloves, the cotton ones with blue palms. buy them a couple dozen at a time,
    i like em...

8. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Sandwich baggie & rubber band............ O' geezzzzz :cool2:

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ya...but what kind of baggie?

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to use the machanics type gloves. Not to bad at Walmart or Home Cheapo