1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by needa, May 14, 2005.

1. needa

needa LawnSite Member

Am thinking about buying these gloves from Duluth Trading. Anybody use them or recomend any thing else?

Duluth trading gloves
  2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe when it's cold out, but during summer, gloves would just bottle up more heat. No way am I ever wearing gloves when the temps are above 50 Farenheit.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I always wear gloves when I mow.

but for $45, I won't be wearing those.... :eek:

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had some nice ones from HD that came with knee pads, lasted 4 months then fell apart, I picked some up from AutoZone, $18.00 a pair, with vent holes...I use those to handle equipment, for mulch or anything else i use leather gloves.....gloves all the time..
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I could use a cheap pair of catcher's shinguards for trimming, but I just don't see me wearing gloves in the summer.
  6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I get these at my local "ace" Hardware for 99 cents a pair, they are great for mowing and mulching and such, They really help on mowers my letting you get a better grip on the handles. They last me a 2-4 weeks per pair and if you get "nasties" on em you don't feel bad about grabbing a new pair

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I say! 45 bucks for gloves? Gimme a break, lets see, that cost about a half a tank of gasoline.... payup

Inexpensive suede gloves for me.
  8. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i forgot my gloves one day last spring,i had my motocross gloves in the truck so i used them.now that's all i wear when mulching or using hand tools.

9. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

GO HERE for the best gloves. <-Best gloves I have ever owned. I always mow/trim with gloves to dampen the vibration that usually numbs my hands. With these gloves, my hands Don't get sweaty or nasty. They have an excellent wicking quality to them. :D

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

leather gloves always