GLS's Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GLS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

My brother has a commercial pesticide applicators license in Illinois and Iowa. I will probably try to take the test sometime soon.

Our business isn't really licensed. We called the cities that we work in and they said it wasn't necessary. That was for lawn maintenance. We are beginning to do landscape installs (including hardscaping like retaining walls) which is probably like a contractor, so we might have to be licensed for that. I would make some calls because i'm not sure how exactly licensing works.

We are fully insured. It sucks to have to pay all that money but it is necessary. I would definately get insured if you arn't already. Also, don't forget about taxes payup

2. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have an idea on how the insurance pricing works? Im tying to get just a basic insurance plan.

3. GLS

There are a lot of factors involved. Differerent companies obviously have different rates. And it depends on how much you want to be insured for (500k/1mil liability, etc.) and what you want to be insured for. We have general liability insurance, commercial trucks insurance, etc. all in one plan.

I would find an insurance agent to talk to and have them give you a quote.

4. John P.

GLS.........i read in an old post that you said you had rust problems in the k2500 due to the ez dump where on the truck is the rust and can you have a spray in bed liner done if you have a dump insert?

5. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

dear John,

Not really a dear John letter but....

Yes you can have a spray in liner installed, You will want to remove the dump body first, then spray, then reinstall. Cost ~$500 or a little less, they will charge to remove the dumper if they have to do it, Probably $100 if they do it.

I had my liner installed prior to the dumper installed,

6. GLS

I was probably talking about rust on the dumper itself. If I was talking about rust on the truck, it is very minimal (just around the bolt holes, nothing major). The dump insert, though, is getting quite a bit of rust.

You can have the bed sprayed. I would have done it if it was newer. I just don't want to put $500 - $600 in it. I don't think the dumper has too much life left in it anyway. We were thinking about putting a dumping flatbed on it someday.

I definately would have the bed sprayed if it was a newer truck with a new dump insert going in. We had our other truck sprayed with rhino. I would seriously consider spraying the insert with lining (smooth inside, rough outside) if it wasn't stainless steel or aluminum, and it wasn't too expensive. It would last forever then.

7. John P.

GLS are you looking to sell that truck?

8. GLS

Nope, they are both in service :)

9. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

im sorry if it has already been posted, but what size is that trailer??

10. GLS

It's a 6x12